Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kid Talk

Here is another of my design team layouts for ScrapbooksPlus this month.
This is one of my favorites layouts I've done in a while! For years I have kept a small journal that has the funny, silly, thoughtful things my kids say. I am not always good at putting their quotes in it but every once in awhile I write something down, so I have quite the collection. I finally managed to scrap one of these pages. I found this great photo of Trinny that perfectly matches the goofy things she says. The wonderful thing about this months Fancy Pants line is you can do non Halloween pages with this beautiful turquoise blue paper. It has script writing on it which was perfect for the theme! I used a stencil at the top & distress inked it to add the tree & the birds. Next I stamped some images on the background paper to make my air balloon more noticeable. The air balloon was stamped & heat embossed, than cut out. I distressed it and adhered with pop dots. I took a strip of the black paper & heat embossed with glitter emboss powder & a script stamp.

I matted my photo & glued it down. Again the perfect pearls mist (PPM) were the answer! Using a black flower and spritzing it with PPM-turned this flower into a shimmery stunning embellishment, with just enough color. PPM really shine on black! Tucking a feather & adding some bling gave me a cluster with the magic #3 embellishments. I typed the quotes in different fonts with my computer, cut them out and distressed them to help them blend into the layout. Finally I added my title using the Fancy Pants letters & some rub-ons from my stash. Love it!
Supplies:
Paper & Title Letters-Fancy Pants
Stamps-Oxford Impressions
Emboss powder- Stampendous
Perfect Pearls Mist- Turquoise
Stencil -Crafters Workshop
Bling- Prima
Flower- Recollections
Distress Ink- Black Soot by Ranger
other letters- Creative Imaginations

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...