Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tim's Tags Day 7!

Totally loved the tag today & I immediately thought the Grinch when I saw Tim's video with photos on glassine. I started that route but went back to Tim's original. I will definitely work on my Grinch tag though! The only difference in my tag is really the die cuts. I don't have the holly die so I went with the small pine trees. Opps just realize I need to add my Stickles! I also spritzed my tag with perfect pearls heirloom gold so it has a nice shimmer-just doesn't show up in this lighting. Yay Tim-yay tags!!! To see his video...which is great, I love glassine- look here.

Here is my Grinch tag- I used the same techniques, just a different color palette. I wanted the Grinch to be imbedded in the tag so I used crackle paint & a brick stencil to help it blend into the background. I might add the quote- " the Grinch's heart grew 3 sizes that day." The tag has a lot more detail but the camera just wouldn't pick it up-too shimmery. It just isn't Christmas until we watch the original "Grinch"-amazing that it was made in 1966!

2 comments:

  1. Love the red bead trim...nice touch! I am totally loving the Glassine trees...one I haven't seen...great improvising!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I just love this tag - gorgeous interpretation

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...