Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Working, working, working

Note to self-don't work a lot in June the last month of school. This is for obvious reasons-end of spring sports, end of school parties, start of summer swim team. Busy busy month. I know this. I understand this. Yet still I end up booking 4 teaching gigs in the first 3 weeks. What was I thinking????????? Of course I am also the coache's wife who makes the team mom's present, a scrapbook page with a photo of their child. The room Mom who volunteers to design the covers of the teachers gift & help organize the party. All the while designing & teaching & driving kids to & fro. Nutssssssss!!!!!! I know I am no where near as busy as other folks I know but I figure my lack of focus makes us even. Throw in a family visit & we are at def con 10. The good news is the light at the end of the tunnel-Saturday night I will be done with this latest string of frantic activity. Summer will have officially begun. There will be beach time & margaritas in my not as distant future. So here's to summer! This is an art journal page I did last summer. Each of my kids did one too, a to do list of fun. It has become a family tradition-yay, love those!

 The page was done with glimmer mists, stencils, masks & distress ink. I love using masks with distress, it makes the image nice & crisp. To get you more in the "summer is fun" mode...
 
This layout is from our trip to Belize in January. My husband took the boys scuba diving with my sister-in-law & others. They  had a fabulous time. I got super inky on this one-layers of glimmer mist with stencils. Lots of stamping. Embellishments by k&co. Let summer begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...