Friday, August 17, 2012

Steampunk Box

 My Moxie friend Suzie over at My Time To Play has become my submission manager-in other words she finds contests and blogs that suit my style and gives me great input on websites which I might like. This is a new site for me but I love it!!! http://snazzysdesignteamblog.blogspot.com/ they have great designs and ideas as well as a fabulous store to help my stamp addiction. Very exciting- they are having a steampunk contest so here is my submission: I hope you like it!!!!


Here is one of my fav to date, my steam punk cigar box. Lots of Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz (TH) I am going to add a handle & turn it into a purse- or have it as a wall art, still undecided. There is a whole lot of details in this which I love-tons of stamping both obvious & subtle. Here are a few details: 
I started with grunge clocks, (upper left corner) covered with decoupage glue & paper than once dry rubbed ink and stickles across them so they are sparkly fun.


 I hand made the flower to match the colors of my box, adding feathers and a fabric brad. The little side flowers started as plain paper that were glimmer glazed and heat embossed gold around the edges. 
Another detail is this G45 copper flower made special by stamping clocks, script & swirls in archival ink than adhering to a TH ornate plate that was colored with glaze.
In fact I feel so inspired by going through this process I may have to go make another one...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, welcome to Snazzy's, what's not to love about this altered cigar box, G45 & Th = a fab project, love that flower, thanks again for joining in with our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project, absolutely love what you did with it. That flower embellishment at the top with the feathers behind is inspired, fabulous creation and thanks for joining us at Snazzys. So glad yu like the site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, thank you for joining our Snazzys DT Steampunkery Challenge and I'm so glad you like what you see on our blog ;D.

    Your altered cigar box is gorgeous and such a lot of detail you've put into it too. I'm a sucker for metal so that fab stamped metal flower pushes the buttons for me. Butterflies are my other weakness so you've really got me with the 'butterly' cage, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, Glad you found us, And glad we were able to inspire you to play along with our steampunk challenge, Your project is stunning with lots to feast your eyes on, I especially love the metal flower, I'd never thought to stamp on mine, it looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, your box is gorgeous...so many wonderful details!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on winning the challenge....fab piece

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the wonderful comments!!! Thanks to Snazzy's!!!! Very excited to spend more time on this site.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...