Friday, November 2, 2012

Purple Funk

I have been in a purple funk lately- maybe it is the weather. Fall makes me sad & overwhelmed. Add to it Hurricane Sandy and I am blablabla. In honor of my purple funk-(sometimes it is good to wallow) and because I have nothing to complain about compared to those poor folks in NJ/NY many who have had devastating losses or are suffering from the basic necessities...I am going to art my funk away with daily art in November. No extra pressure as that is not what I need but just some fun play time everyday to get me back on track. Here is my second day (my first will show up later in the month on the Stampotique blog). 

 I took already made background paper & turned it into a tag. Made me feel great to use up some stash (crazy right?).
One of the questions I get asked a lot in my art journal classes is "what do I write about?". I love quotes and often I will use a quote to prompt the journal writing. I thought today, what about journaling on a tag? What about making your tag personal? My daughter is totally obsessed with The Warriors books so that became the theme for my tag. They are about cats and conveniently Stampotique has this awesome little cat stamp. My tag is heavily painted so to help kitty show up I smeared some gesso in the space where he was going-helps the little guy stand out. 
Now maybe my tag will make it onto a scrapbook page! Have fun today & art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...