Monday, February 4, 2013

CSI: 57-Escape


In my quest to scrapbook more I have joined the challenge site CSI:Color, Stories and Inspiration. Every week they have a new challenge that focuses on a color theme, some elements and for you to tell your story. Here is the guideline of this weeks "case". They also offer members (free to sign up) a printout that goes with the challenge. I didn't get to that this week but I will try to incorporate it next time.
Here is my first posting to their site-I felt like such a newbie trying to figure it all out but I will get the hang of it as I go. The most important thing is I did it!!! My layout has photos from summer 2011. Amazing to see how young my boys look just 1 1/2 years ago.

I was quite happy with how this layout turned out. I love this new paper by Kaisercraft mainly because I love the look of bricks and photograph paper is quite dynamic. I used many inks on this from dylusions, color shine (Heidi Swapp), Glimmer Glam, India ink and distress inks. One of my new goals is to dust off my cricut and try to make the die cuts grungier. Not sure I succeeded with the ice cream cone (my first one was a hot mess). It's still kind of cutesy but hey it's an ice cream cone... The little bird is want2scrap covered in a few different teal paints/sprays. All in all I think I covered all the bases for the contest-just glad I managed to get it uploaded to the site!!!! Even more exciting is this is scrap layout #19 for the year. I am slightly behind pace of 5 a week but I am on a roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...