Monday, February 25, 2013

CSI #59

This was my entry for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. I still can't believe what a little misting can do for a page! This page started out looking like this: from a DCWV paper pack.
Adding random background misting and than once dry a stencil with more misting gave me the cool background to start the layout. Because the swirls are glossy embossed they resisted the mist. In the original paper you can barely see the swirls but with the mist they are fabulous! The thing I love about mist, is the ability to color other elements to fit the page. In this case the calla lily flowers and butterfly. I got to this point and really didn't want to add my title or journaling. I felt it would take away from the photo which stands out as the focus. I ended up hiding my words inside the little bird.
I talked about my daughter and how she is so tough that I sometimes forget she is still young & vulnerable. I also realized I need to spend some more time getting good photos of my kids showing different emotions-add that to my list!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...