Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Let's Get Scrappy!

Some layouts for you today! This first one is a super fast splat it on the page layout.
 I used more of my stash, a tag I had played with ink & beeswax, strip of paper, a background stamp, rub-ons from years & years ago. Threw on some new embellies and voila done! I almost want to just make 10 of these with photos over the years to just slam out some layouts. I am a bit behind-shocker. Goal 250 layouts-I am at 32. Good new is I have already done more than all of last year so...next up: 

 While on vacation my boys were playing air hockey on their iphone. Amazing how times have changed. I used to play air hockey with friends all the time as a kid. Of course it was done on a big table top game. The boys having such a good time & entertaining all of us, I wanted to document this!
Do any of you have kits that have been sitting on your shelf for years? You look at the layout & say-"wow that is not my style anymore". Well there are no rules to say you have to make it exactly as the example. I was a member of Club Scrap & have tons of pizza boxes lining my shelves. With my 5 layouts a week goal, & use my stash resolutions for this year I decided this would be the perfect way to hit 2 of my resolutions with 1 stone.   Problem is the layout was very straight & tidy. Unfortunately I don't have the original to show you. Here is my finished page. Basically I added the title/ phone & changed the bottom around to make it less linear.

 I added some stencil paint lids from Crafters Workshop, word from Redlead and the cool Blueprint phone stamp from Tim Holtz. Lucky for me I have both sizes so I was able to randomly stamp the smaller one. My favorite part of this layout is the large phone. I used pen & watercolor to paint it, pop dots to give it lift & it looks so cool on the page.
Now go get scrappy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...