Saturday, September 13, 2014

JYC Day 15-18

Over half way & it is only Sept!!! HAHAHA The cool thing is when I finish this and have it all uploaded I will get to cross it off my agenda/list like 20 times-how much fun is that?!!!
Here is the flip side of the bonus page- totally love this embossed acetate sheet all I did was added some journaling about us going to Wisconsin this year for Christmas.

Page 15 is a layout for my son's 15th birthday. That of course HAD to be documented. Shimelle's prompt was about the Christmas decorations in your house so I just moved that to Day 17. One of the great things about Journal Your Christmas is I can move around the prompts to fit our families holiday, but it gives me great ideas for photo taking. For this page just mainly photos and stickers plus a cute little sizzix pocket with more pics...
Inside the pocket are photos and the gift card from Potbellies where he & I went for his birthday movie-lunch. I am very naughty & quite addicted to gift cards but less good about putting them in my projects so yay!
Day 16- My eldest son gave blood today so I took a photo with him wearing the t-shirt they gave him. As giving blood is the gift of life it fit right in with the holiday! I added a cellphone gift bag to this page which gives it that transparent shiny look, some washi and embellishments. Love the blingy snowflakes!
Page 17 is an envelope. Again this was the prompt from day 15- photos are just a few of the decorations. Going back I realize I need to add some more but luckily I have the envelope so that is an easy fix. Kept it simple with random stickers (deck is glitter red) and pics. The great thing about this project is using up my stash!!!
Inside the pocket is a tag I had made for Stampotique-again using up my stash! Love the chunky glitter ribbon that is on the tag. Even though it isn't part of the color scheme it adds this wintery pop of color.
Day 18: on the back of the envelope is our Christmas movie favorites. Once again I moved a prompt around to suit my project. Day sixteenth prompt was culture & entertainment. Yes not overly traditional but... we do watch the original Grinch every year- must add that. Also might need to add some embellies...
Even though I am doing this way late in September, I have to say it is getting me totally in the mood to start working on more JYC. Hum, I am working a year behind maybe I should play some catch up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...