Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Documented Life Project

More crafting is always good & in my quest to do some arting for my self I am participating in The Documented Life Project. A wonderful group of fab artists is running this free year long event. Every month there is a theme and every week a prompt. 
January is The Blank Page and How to Face It!  
Week 1: Art Challenge: Book Paper 
Journal Prompt: Be Your Own Goal Keeper. 
Go to the site and register if you haven't already. They will also be having classes both free and paid. 
 For my first page I followed the leaders and started with a back ground of papers- scrapbook. book, catalog. I put some decoupage glue over some of the papers that I wanted to highlight. This allows for easy wipe off of paint. A light layer of gesso was next followed by some Balzer stencil work with paint. I created shadows with a grey pastel pencil and ink. I wanted to keep my first layout simple and do some sewing. 3 Circles punched out of paper were sewn leaving some space between the circles. A project life card and ephemera finished off my page. The owl which I love is a free digital from Ephemera's Vintage Garden. I felt very accomplished, there is something about starting a new project that is just awesome!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...