Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Documented Life Project #4

This was a fun one! I had all kinds of ideas. Amazing what a few weeks can do for your mojo. This is the challenge for Documented Life Project week 4.

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 24
Art Challenge:  Writing
Journal Prompt:  Words with Friends

One of the things I decided early on is I would label my pages on my blog & on the Art to 5th site numerically, by weekly numbers. On each page I stamp the actual date the art journal page is finished. I think I will also put the challenges, typed in the front of the journal with the week numbers. I left the first couple of pages open for a title page... 

On to the page. Starting with the art challenge "writing", deciding to make an embossed resist background. I took various background writing stamps and embossed them with clear emboss powder. Once that was set and cool the fun began. I used the relatively new Ranger distress sprays and sprayed generously letting them dry fairly well then taking a baby wipe to clean off the excess, letting the resist show clearly. 
Now for the 2nd part of the prompt- "Words with Friends". I printed out quotes from my besties "scrap escape" weekend, coloring the quote pieces with distress inks & gluing them down. Next came some paper cut-outs and my title, stamped from THoltz Tall texts. I really like how this page turned out-the colors are vibrant and the embossed writing sketchy cool.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...