Wednesday, February 10, 2016

January Words & Paintery Challenge

I am here in blog land with an art journal page for the January Words & Paintery challenge. This is my first time playing along & I am excited to be here. Canvas Corp Brands is supplying the prize which is an added bonus. Here is my art journal page. I covered the previous art journal pages so you could see more clearly the cropped edge. You can see how the page looks in the journal at the end of this post. 


The challenge can be found here. The color scheme as you can see is blue red and brown with the journal prompt "what you do today can improve all your tomorrows". I started my page by cutting the edge with the cool Dylusions ruler that has a curved edge. I embossed some tags and glued them to my page. Next was pulling out some Glimmer Mist and Glam. This photo was taken before I decided to use this page for the challenge so the colors are a bit different. Just to give you an idea of what products were being used.

  I spritzed and painted my colors on my background, then added some Glimmer Mist through a stencil. I wish you could see more of the glitter- hard to photograph.



Next step was adding ephemera. My story was more in pictures than words. It is a reminder to me that what I do today will allow me more travel in the future. This in my opinion will improve my tomorrow.


I got my images from 7gypsies American Vintage line using both papers, from the 8x8 pad and pieces from the Mini Ephemera pack. After assembling them in groups with a bit of glue stick, machine stitching was added. These pieces were adhered to my background.
    

Using a hard foam piece let me add DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Copper specifically to the high points of the embossed area. This added a lot of texture. The final touches were to splash around some Glimmer Mist splatters and doodle around the edges of my art journal page. In the end I did add just a touch of paint to the Petaloo butterfly so it looks less stark on the spread. 


Here is a photo of my journal to this point. I learned the tip of cutting pages at different widths from Dyan Reveley. Adds another fun dimension to my project. Thanks to Words & Paintery for a fun challenge!

7 comments:

  1. Very cool page - love that embossing! Like that you cut the pages to different widths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool page, and the texture is amazing! Thank you for joining Words&Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous art journal page. Thank you for joining Words&Paintery challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great, I've loved seeing everyone's interpretation. And I agree, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made with lot of fantasy, a great card with interesting textures and decoration. I like it much.
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and unique!
    Thank You for joining our challenge at Words & Paintery! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...